Pages

Thursday 18 November 2010

Project Final Animation

For my final animation I chose to use coloured paper because I felt after having made different sculptures of the frog the green one seemed to have more life and that is what I was looking for in my animation. I took several images and having learnt from my previous attempts I needed to make sure I took more pictures than before to ensure the animation was smooth. This process took a really long amount of time and the main challenge I faced was making the frog jump. To do this I held the frog and took pictures of it in the air. However when comming down the stairs I found it would be too difficult to do the same so I changed the angle and took pictures of the frog on each stair step. Overall I am pleased with my final outcome as I managed to bring life to a piece of paper which is what I intended however to improve I believe I could perhaps use a better quality camera and I could be more consistent in terms of the zooming of my images. I learnt several skills from completing the project one of them was making origami sculptures. Although I had previous knowledge I had to research the art and experiment with different sculptures. Another skill I learnt musically was minimalistic improvisation. Although I already knew how to improvise successfully I incorporated my learnt skills of minimalistic music and composed a piece of music that was fit for purpose in terms of the animation. Finally I learnt a lot more about animating in particular the problems animators face when animating and I have learnt to appreciate animations more as I now know the large amounts of time taken to produce an overall product.

No comments:

Post a Comment